Friday, September 30, 2011

Pre-bullying

B1 has just started preschool and is one of the younger ones in his class.

After two weeks, he has mentioned a few times that one of the boys is "bumping" him. I ask if he's just playing or if he does it meanly, and B1 says meanly.

And last Wednesday when I picked him up, he had a big scrape on his face. I asked how he got it, and he said this boy C pushed him and he fell and hit his face on the sidewalk outside. I didn't talk with the teachers, just figured he hurt himself on the playground. He didn't tell me how it happened until we had left.

So part of me wants to find out who this C kid is (and his mom!) and put a stop to it.

Buuut I'm really on the fence about whether or not I should say anything to the teachers. I don't want to suggest that I think they're not doing their jobs. I don't want to be "that helicopter mom" who meddles and hovers and fights all my kid's battles.

But I also don't want my precious baby getting bullied. Or pre-bullied.

This is something I never considered when I enrolled him. Didn't even cross my mind.

I wonder what I'll do on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment