Saturday, November 3, 2012

Milestones

Well, today is my birthday, and this one puts me officially closer to 40 than 30. I have really never freaked out about my age before, in fact, I was always in a hurry to be older. I always felt too young to be taken seriously. I think I can officially say that's now behind me.

Reflections from this, my 36th year on this planet, include the following:
  1. Raising kids really is a very consuming job. Thankless, exhausting, but rewarding and fun.
  2. I am happier and feel more comfortable when I work outside the home as well.
  3. I have a lot of First World Problems. I feel pretty lucky about that.
  4. Pinterest makes me feel lazy and uncreative. And a little ragey at the people I re-pin who aren't lazy and uncreative. But I won't quit!
  5. I still don't really know what I want to be when I grow up.
  6. Wine on a work night is a great idea on the work night, but a terrible idea the next morning.
  7. I really need to start exercising again. Seriously, B2 is going to wean someday.
  8. I am a wicked awesome pumpkin carver. I wonder if I could also be a tattoo artist (see #5)?
  9. I wish I was a medium. The talks to the dead kind, not the size. (see #5)
  10. Remembering to take food out for supper is the absolute hardest part of my day. I don't know why, since it's a fairly critical detail that has to happen every day.
Bonus: Despite a lot of grumbling and ranting about tribulations from time to time, I am extremely happy, and exactly where I want to be. I am blessed and lucky to be living in this time and place. And I'm enjoying this adventure called life immensely.

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, K! I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, either.

    ReplyDelete