Monday, January 28, 2013

Naughty Mama Blogger

I realize it's been a while. Not because I didn't want to - in fact I've started at least three posts in the past few weeks and have ultimately given up on working them into something anyone would want to read.

I've been going through a bit of a sad space lately. I'm having a difficult time adjusting to my new job and workplace (which aren't so new anymore, but still) and feeling ineffective in many parts of my life. I was feeling like I was too angry, too negative, not good enough, but dissatisfied and not doing enough to change that. I was feeling like a victim and not in control of my life.

Not much has materially changed, but I'm delighted to say I feel better lately. Particularly this week.

I've said for ages that I wanted to go back to school. And that I want to be a healer. But there have been barriers - mortgage, kids, bills, time, not being sure what I wanted to do. I took my first steps on this path last weekend and became a First Degree Reiki healer. And I love it! I've given Reiki treatments to my husband and both boys, and myself, and I'm planning to offer it to my dogs next. Am I quitting my job - no - not yet - but I am looking forward to earning my Second Degree, and I believe I've found another program that I want to take. This has filled me with hope that I will achieve my dream of helping people to feel better and find wellness, and leave the world a better place than I found it.

I've felt guided to this path but was very unsure. I feel more sure than I ever have and I think that means the time is right. The program I want to take is going to take me about two years to complete, but on a part time and self study basis, and I will be able to begin working in the field halfway through.

I can't describe how excited I am about this. I just got off the phone with the school and I could start this program as early as three weeks from now (although I'm not sure I can make that happen from a financial perspective). But certainly in September otherwise. Which would mean September is going to be HUGE for our family! Large Man Cub will start Kindergarten, Small Man Cub will start Preschool, and I will go back to school after a dozen years!

I have felt really good about where I am in my personal and family life, but my professional life has been incomplete for a while. I feel so hopeful about the future!

Now I just need to find thousands of dollars. Eep.

No comments:

Post a Comment