Of course, as he gets closer to 4 years old, his questions have really branched out and now include all five W's and a lot of H's.
In the past few days I've had to explain the following, at least sixty times each:
- What his choices for breakfast are, and in corollary, what they are not.
- Where he can put his dirty laundry, which has never changed since it became his job to look after his own dirty laundry.
- When we are going to go on an airplane next.
- How much longer until he gets to start Kindergarten.
- Why Mommy decided to get a different job (ok, maybe he hasn't actually asked about this, but I wanna tell them all about it!).
- Who Mayor Nenshi is.
It is exhausting being this boy's mother. And of course, it's been the holidays, so he's been home from daycare for 2 weeks, which gave him extra time to think about all his questions (thankfully I have not been home much, it's been Daddy's turn!).
After one particular long session, he even made a shocking self-observation: "Mommy, I ask a lot of questions." Without really thinking about it, I said "Yes, you kind of are an askhole."
I'm glad that in addition to my curiosity, he also has my sense of humour and, like me, enjoys a good curse word now and then.